General Standard Terms and Conditions
JACQUES OFFENBACH GRAND PRIX 2022
- The Jacques Offenbach Grand Prix is open to all nationalities and has no age limit.
- The Jacques Offenbach Grand Prix will be completed in 3 rounds: 1st Round (online), Semi-finals (live in Bad Ems), and Finals (live in Bad Ems).
- Deadline for submitting the application form is 21st April 2022 at 23:00. For application deadlines, the Central European Time (CET) applies.
- Please download the application form and send it via e-mail to the organisation of the Jacques Offenbach Grand Prix together with all the following:
2. A biography in english language, please not longer than one page (PDF).
3. A copy of your passport or ID (jpg or PDF).
4. Two pictures: A portrait photo and a full body photo, both in colour (jpg).
5. The link to the video for the 1st round. Link has to lead to a YouTube channel. Links to other pages or applications or as attachments will not be accepted (s. "1st Round").
6. A confirmation of the payment of the participation fee (jpg or PDF).
- Registration fee: A registration fee of €50.00 (incl. bank and/or credit card charges and VAT) for the qualifying round has to be paid together with the online registration till 21st April 2022 at 23:00. Available methods of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, Sofort. The costs of the payment of the participation fee are to be payed exclusively by the participants. Application forms with no registration fee confirmation will not be accepted. Registration fee is nor refundable under any circumstances.
- BANK DETAILS: Festival Gegen den Strom e.V
IBAN:DE38 5105 0015 0563 2476 42
Registration confirmation: The registration will only be valid when the Competition Management has confirmed by e-mail that it has accepted the candidate.
- Data exchange for jurors and organisation: Candidates agree that their data (Name, Voice Type, Nationality, Birthday, Languages, Arias, Education, Engagements, Studied Parts) will be made available to judges and the organisation of the Jacques Offenbach Grand Prix during the time of the competition.
- Travel/ Accommodation: The Jacques Offenbach Grand Prix or the Festival Gegen den Strom do not pay for the participants' travelling expenses or/and accommodation but the project manager could assist the participants in case they need information or/and help to reach Bad Ems and/or book a room for the days of the Grand Prix. For assistance please don't hesitate to contact the project manager of the Grand Prix Jacques Offenbach via e-mail.
- Jury: The jury reserves the right to refrain from awarding a prize altogether or to divide a prize. The decision of the jury is final and incontestable. The General Management cannot guarantee that all rounds of the competition will be held in front of the complete and entire jury. The jury reserves the right to listen to excerpts of the presented arias only. The organisation of the Jacques Offenbach Grand Prix cannot guarantee that all rounds of the competition will be held in front of the complete and entire jury. If a participant is currently a student of a member of the jury, or has been a student of a member of the jury for more than 2 years, or is a relative of a member of the jury, this member of the jury cannot vote for them.
- Social media and online announcements: Please note that results of all rounds and all names of participants will be published on all social media pages of the Jacques Offenbach Grand Prix, together with the photo material participants will send us. No video material will be published. Videos sent to us are confidential.
- These General Standard Terms and Conditions have been acknowledged and approved by the candidate by completion of online registration.
1st ROUND (ONLINE)
- The 1st Round will take place online.
- Participants are to send 1 video of free choice via e-mail together with the application form and all information asked (s. "General Standard Terms and Conditions").
- Link to the video has to lead to a YouTube channel. Link leading to other pages or applications or as attachments will not be accepted.
- The video shouldn't be older than 3 years. Videos older than that will not be accepted and therefore, if the application deadline has passed before the applicant has replaced the video, the participation will be cancelled.
- The results of the 1st round will be communicated to all participants till 30th April 2022 at 23:00 via a personal e-mail.
SEMI-FINALS AND FINALS (LIVE IN BAD EMS)
- Semi- finals and Finals will take place in Bad Ems, Germany.
Semi- finals: Saturday 4th June 2022 in Bad Ems.
Finals: Sunday 5th June 2022 in Bad Ems (Marmorsaal). Please note that finals are open to the public.
- Pianist: There will be an official accompanist, but you are free to bring a coach of your choice at your own expense.
- Piano reduction (Klavierauszug): Please bring your piano reduction of all your scores with you for the pianist.
- Warm-up: Please warm-up before you come to the audition venues.
- Dress code: There is no dress code for the semi-finals, we kindly recommend to be dressed with respect to the jury. For the finals, ladies: evening dress and gentlemen: suit/ tuxedo/ tailcoat.
- Applicants who will pass to the semi-finals will be informed via e-mail 30. April 2022. Applicants will be asked to confirm their presence in the semi-finals and finals and send their repertory for the next two rounds till 10. Mai 2022 at 23:00.
- 1 aria of your free choice, (could be either opera or operetta). The aria should be sent as YouTube links and should not be older than 3 years. The video can be recorded in a studio or may be from a live performance, with piano or/and orchestra.
- Videos older than 3 years old will not be accepted.
- Obligatory piece is one aria (free choice) from an opera or operetta composed by Jacques Offenbach. The aria has to be sung in the original language.
- One aria of free choice either from an opera or an operetta.
- Obligatory aria is one aria of free choice from an opera or operetta composed by Jacques Offenbach, not the same one as in the semi-finals. The aria has to be sung in the original language.
- One operatic aria of free choice in Italian language.
- One aria from an opera or an operetta of free choice (it may be any style and language).
1st PRIZE: 1500 Euros
2nd PRIZE: 1000 Euros
3rd PRIZE: 500 Euros
All winners will take part in the future program of the Festival Gegen den Strom.
- Pandemic: When planning your travel to the qualifying venues for the semi-final and the final rounds, please be aware of the legal regulations regarding entry, in particular the pandemic regulations due to the current situation.
- VISA: Please note that you perhaps need a VISA for the country of the semi-final and final rounds.
- Journey and accommodation: Please note that you have to organise the journey and accommodation to the qualifications and to the final rounds on your own, and come up for the expenses.
- Please note that results of all rounds and all names of participants will be published on all social medias, together with the photo material participants will send us.
- Media: The organisation of the Jacques Offenbach Grand Prix and the Festival Gegen den Strom reserve the right to allow radio and television stations to record and broadcast excerpts of the finals. The same applies for film, audio and video (stream) recordings in all known and future media. The participants will receive no remuneration for this.
- Data exchange and protection: Participants agree to the disclosure of their data (name, contact details) to agencies, opera and concert houses, festivals etc. only for professional contact purposes.
- Right of withdrawal: Participants have the right to withdraw from the participation at the semi-finals or final rounds any time without giving any reason. Participants who decide to withdraw are kindly asked to inform the organisation about their withdraw via e-mail on a reasonable time before the rounds. Application fee will not be refundable.
- Conditions´ Update: Bad Ems, March 10th, 2022.